Uzbekistan Leasing Association, as well as representatives of JV «Uzbek Leasing International A.O.» JSC took part in the 9th Annual Practical Conference «Risk Management, Insurance, Internal Control, Audit, Compliance, AML/CFT and Corporate Governance in Leasing — 2021» (Russia), which took place on March 03, 2021.
The organizer of this conference is the United Leasing Association (ULA). The United Leasing Association (http://www.assocleasing.ru/) is a leading association of participants in the leasing industry, whose business volume is about 80% of the official leasing market in Russia. ULA members are 101 companies in the industry.
The conference was broadcast on-line from the video studio.
This conference is the largest annual event in the Russian leasing industry, organized for specialists in the areas of risk management, internal control and audit, AML / CFT reporting, compliance, corporate governance and insurance.
At the conference, experts and participants in the leasing market examined and discussed the following key topics in detail: —
- Reforming the industry. Expectation and risks;
- Risks associated with the use of electronic document management (EDM) in leasing companies;
- Risks of implementation of the Law on the transfer of data on leasing transactions to the National Bureau of Credit Histories from 01.01.2022 in accordance with 218-FZ «On Credit Histories»;
- Risks of preparation of leasing companies for the transition to Federal Accounting Standards 25/2018 «Lease accounting»;
- Risks of remote work and cyber risks;
- Insurance as a tool for managing and reducing the risks of leasing companies;
- Internal control and audit in a leasing company;
- Organization of control over compliance with the accounting of bank covenants in the process of lending leasing activities;
- Current issues of AML / CFT reporting. Dialogue with leasing companies on amendments to Federal Law No. 115-FZ dated August 7, 2001 «On counteraction of the legitimization (laundering) of proceeds of crime and the financing of terrorism «, which entered into force in January 2021;
- Development of a compliance culture;
- Subsidizing in leasing activities.
More than 10 speakers, 60 invited guests and 50 companies from Russia, Latvia and Uzbekistan took part in the conference. The speakers of the conference were the heads of the leading leasing companies in Russia, such as Alfa-Leasing LLC, TransFin-M PJSC, VTB Leasing JSC, Sberbank Leasing JSC, Leasing company KAMAZ JSC, De Lage Landen Leasing LLC, Karkade LLC, Control Leasing LLC, as well as representatives of the United Leasing Association (ULA), the Federal Financial Monitoring Service (Rosfinmonitoring), Expert RA JSC, MINBank PJSC and National Bureau of Credit Histories» JSC (NBCH).